Requires: Base Development System
|Note The VI Analyzer functionality this topic describes is available only if you install and activate the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit or if the LabVIEW Data\VI Analyzer Tests directory contains tests.|
Click the Analyze button from the VI Analyzer - Exclude Tests from VIs dialog box or select Tools»VI Analyzer»Show Results Window to display this window.
Use this window to view the results of a VI Analyzer analysis. You can load a VI Analyzer results file (.rsl) to view the results you saved from a previous VI Analyzer task.
This window includes the following tabbed pages:
- Test Results—Displays the results of the analysis. The page includes the following components:
- Results List—Lists the results for each test, as well as each occurrence where the test failed. Double-click an occurrence to open the VI in which the test failed and display the object that caused the failure.
Subitems—Lists the number of items that failed in the indicated category.
|Note When you view a previously saved results file in the VI Analyzer Results Window, the VI Analyzer might not be able to locate failure occurrences when you double-click errors if you modified the VI since you generated the results file.|
- Show Failures Only—Indicates whether the Results List hierarchy displays only occurrences where the test failed or all occurrences where the test failed, passed, or was skipped for each VI.
- Sort by VI—Sorts the tests and VIs tested in the Results List hierarchy by the VIs included in the VI Analyzer task.
- Sort by Test—Sorts the tests and VIs tested in the Results List hierarchy by test.
- Ranking Legend—Displays the icons that denote high-ranking and low-ranking tests. High-ranking tests appear at the top of the list and low-ranking tests appear at the bottom. High-ranking tests involve issues that have a significant impact on VI performance. Low-ranking tests involve minor style or cosmetic issues that do not significantly affect VI performance. Tests that do not have a ranking icon next to them fall into a middle-ranking area.
- Description—Displays details about the item you select in the Results List hierarchy, depending on the item you select. For VIs, the text box contains the path to the VI. For tests, the text box contains the test description. For occurrences of a failure, the text box contains a description of the error.
- Testing Errors—Displays errors related to the analysis itself, such as VIs or tests that did not load. The page includes the following components:
- Errors List—Lists the errors that occurred during the analysis. Errors include VIs and tests that did not load, tests that did not run, and tests in which errors occurred.
- Error Description—Displays details about the item you select in the Errors List listbox, depending on the item you select. For VIs, the text box contains the path to the VI. For tests, the text box contains the test description. For occurrences of an error, the text box contains a description of the error.
- Export—Launches the Export VI Analyzer Results dialog box.
- Load—Loads a VI Analyzer results file into the VI Analyzer Results Window.
- Save—Saves the results to a VI Analyzer results file that you can reload into the VI Analyzer Results Window at a later time.
- Done—Closes the VI Analyzer Results Window. The window prompts you to save the results to a VI Analyzer results file and gives the option of returning to the VI Analyzer.
- Summary—Displays summary results for the analysis, including the following information:
- Tests that Ran—Provides the total number of tests that ran, including the number that passed and failed.
- Errors—Provides the number of VIs that did not load, tests that did not load, tests that did not run, and tests that returned errors when run.
- Timing Statistics—Provides the total time for the VI Analyzer analysis to run and complete.
- Numbers—Provides the total number of VIs tested.