LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
In LabVIEW, you can use the following options to read or write TDMS files:
- Express VIs—The Read From Measurement File and Write To Measurement File Express VIs enable you to read data from or write data to TDMS files. The Express VIs offer the ease of interactive configuration; however, they sacrifice performance and are not suitable for high-speed streaming or real-time applications.
- (Windows) Storage/DataPlugin VIs—Use the Open Data Storage Express VI to open a TDMS file before you read data from or write data to the file. You also can get or set the properties of a TDMS file, channel group, or channel. However, these VIs also sacrifice performance and are not suitable for high-speed streaming or real-time applications.
- TDM Streaming VIs and functions—For more flexibility and to achieve the best performance, use the TDM Streaming VIs and functions. With these VIs and functions, you can read and write TDMS files and their properties in the most efficient way. You can also use these VIs and functions in high-speed streaming or real-time applications.
Refer to the following LabVIEW project files for examples of reading and writing TDMS data:
- labview\examples\File IO\TDMS\Standard Read and Write\TDMS Standard Read and Write.lvproj
- labview\examples\File IO\TDMS\Advanced Read and Write\Asynchronous Read and Write\TDMS Advanced Asynchronous Read and Write.lvproj
TDM Data Model
TDM versus TDMS
Interacting with TDM Files