LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
You can access this dialog box from the Shared Variable Properties dialog box. In the Shared Variable Properties dialog box, click the Browse button in the Enable Aliasing section on the Variable page to display this dialog box.
You also can double-click a Shared Variable node on a block diagram or right-click the node and select Select Variable»Browse from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box. If the active LabVIEW project does not include a shared variable, you must create a shared variable before you can access this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to select a shared variable or data item to which you want to bind the shared variable you are configuring. This dialog box includes the following components:
- Project/Network Tree—Lists the shared variables and data items in the active project or on the network.
- Data Type—Previews the data type of the item you select in the Project/Network Tree.
- Access Type—Displays the type of access you have to the item you select in the Project/Network Tree. This field can display the following values.
- read—You have read-only access to the selected item.
- write—You have write-only access to the selected item.
- read and write—You have read and write access to the selected item.
- none—You do not have access to the selected item.
- Make properties match selection?—Configures the variable with the same data type and access rights as the item selected in the Project/Network Tree that you want to bind the variable to. This option is available only for bound variables that you access from the Shared Variable Properties dialog box.
- Location—Displays the location of the item selected in the Project/Network Tree.