LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Requires: Base Development System
Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box and select Shared Variable Engine from the Category list to display this page.
Use this page to synchronize the time of machines on your network with a central time server. You can configure your machine as a client or a server.
This page includes the following components:
- Time server search order—Lists computers that act as time servers. Any computer that is running NI Time Synchronization can serve as a time server. The primary time server is the first computer in the list. If the primary server is off-line for some reason, a computer scheduled to synchronize automatically seeks out the second computer on the synchronization server list. At the time of the next synchronization, the computer first looks for the primary server before seeking a secondary synchronization server. If no computer is set as a primary time server, the computer synchronizes to itself.
- Up—Moves the computer(s) selected in the Time server search order list up one row.
- Down—Moves the computer(s) selected in the Time server search order list down one row.
- Add—Opens the Select Computer dialog box, in which you can select a new entry to add to the Time server search order list. If you know the name of the computer you want to add, you can type it into the Host text box. If you do not know the exact name of the computer, you can browse for it in the Machines list. The new entry appears below the selected entry in the Time server search order list.
- Remove—Removes the selected entry from the Time server search order list.
- Sleep time (seconds)—Sets the number of seconds the time server computer waits between each synchronization. The default is 60 seconds.