LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
You can use the Class Browser window to select an object library and create a new property or method.
Complete the following steps to create a new property or method using the Class Browser window.
- Select View»Class Browser to display the Class Browser window.
- From the Object library pull-down menu, select a library.
Note (Windows) To select a .NET or ActiveX library, you must select .NET»Select Assemblies or ActiveX»Select Type Libraries to display the Select Assemblies or Select Type Libraries dialog box, respectively. Place a checkmark in the checkbox for the assembly or library you want and click the OK button to return to the Class Browser window.|
- Select a class from the Class pull-down menu. Use the following buttons to navigate the classes.
- Click the Select View button to toggle between an alphabetical view and a hierarchical view of the items in the Class pull-down menu and the Properties and Methods list.
- Click the Search button to launch the Class Browser Search dialog box.
- From the Properties and Methods list in the Class Browser window, select a property or method. Dottable properties have a blue glyph next to the property name in this list. To create a dotted property, double-click on a dottable property. The property or method you select appears in the Selected property or method box.
|Note LabVIEW classes do not support Invoke Nodes. LabVIEW class methods are member VIs. If you use the Create button or if you drag a method directly to the block diagram, a subVI appears. Methods in LabVIEW classes appear as subVIs rather than Invoke Nodes. You cannot define LabVIEW class properties in this version of LabVIEW.|
- Click the Create button or the Create Write button to attach a node with the selected property or method to your mouse cursor and add the node to the block diagram. The Create button creates a property for reading or a method. This button dims when you select a write-only property. To create a property for writing, click the Create Write button. The Create Write button dims when you select a method or read-only property. You also can drag a property or method from the Properties and Methods list directly to the block diagram.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 for any other properties and methods you want to create and add to the block diagram.