LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Add an object inside a structure by dragging it inside the structure or by building the structure around the object. You cannot put an object inside a structure by moving the structure over the object.
Complete the following steps to practice adding objects inside a structure.
- Add the Case Structure to the block diagram.
- Add the Tick Count (ms) function inside the structure.
- Move the Tick Count (ms) function close to the border of the structure. Notice that when you add or move an object in a structure near the structure border, the structure resizes to add space for that object after you add the object to the block diagram. To disable the automatic resizing behavior for a structure, right-click the structure border and select Auto Grow from the shortcut menu to remove the checkmark.
- Move the Tick Count (ms) function outside the structure.
- Add another structure around the Tick Count (ms) function.
- Select the second structure and delete it. Notice that you also deleted the function inside the structure.
- Add another Tick Count (ms) function outside the remaining structure.
- Move the structure over the Tick Count (ms) function. The shadow on the function indicates that the function is on top of the structure but is not inside it.
- Select the Case structure and delete it. Notice that you did not delete the function because it was not inside the structure.