LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
The following guidelines help to ensure your LabVIEW shortcut menu plug-in is valid. A malformed plug-in might not appear when you right-click an object or fail to execute if you select the plug-in. LabVIEW does not return errors or warnings if a plug-in is invalid.
- VIs are not broken—Load VIs in LabVIEW and ensure VIs do not report errors.
- Connector panes adhere to required pattern—The Create Shortcut Menu Plug-in From Template VI generates the build VI (x.vi) and plug-in execution VI (Execute x.vi) to adhere to a specific connector pane pattern and terminal name syntax. LabVIEW cannot use these VIs as plug-ins if you change the pattern or syntax. You should only change the type definition (x.ctl, where x is the name of the plug-in).
- Plug-in LLB and build VI names match—LabVIEW saves the plug-in files and type definition in an LLB with the plug-in name (x.llb). The build VI must have the same name as the LLB except for the file extension. This naming convention allows LabVIEW to simultaneously manage multiple plug-ins in memory.
- Debugging tools are disabled—You must disable debugging tools for the build VI. LabVIEW cannot stop for breakpoints or probes when building the shortcut menu.
- Length of the menu item tag does not exceed 255 characters—The maximum length of a menu item tag is 255 characters. LabVIEW constructs the tag name using the name of the plug-in and the menu item tag suffix, returned from the build VI. The complete tag name has the following syntax: APP_SC_PLUGIN_<x.vi>/<menu_item_tag_suffix>, where x is the name of the plug-in.
- Refnum type matches the objects the plug-in affects—Check that the refnum types in the type definition match the object type that the plug-in affects. To identify the refnum types of an object, you can use the Lookup All Shortcut Menu Tags and Types plug-in that LabVIEW provides.
Creating Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins
Identifying Refnum Types and Menu Item Tags of Objects
Tips and Tricks for Creating Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins