LabVIEW 2018 Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
Short Name: Edit Tree Items.Add Multiple Items to End
Requires: Base Development System
Class: TreeControl Methods
To Use: Create a method.
Adds items after all existing items in the tree control.
This method returns an error if you set an item to an indent level that has no parent item.
|Items||Yes||An array of clusters that describe the items you want to add.
- Left Cell String—Text to display in the leftmost cell for the new item. The default is an empty string.
- Child Text—Array of strings to display in the remaining cells for the new item. The default is an array of empty strings.
- Child Tag—Unique tag for the new item. The default is the string you wire to Left Cell String. If an existing tag already uses that string, LabVIEW appends a number to the string to create a unique tag for the new item.
You cannot create a tag that begins with TREE_. All tags that begin with TREE_ are reserved for use by LabVIEW. If the tag you wire to the method begins with TREE_, LabVIEW prepends an underscore (_) to create a valid tag for the new item. If the tag you wire to the method begins or ends with white space or non-printing characters, such as a tab or new line, LabVIEW removes the white space or non-printing characters.
- Item Indent—The level in the hierarchy at which to place the new item. Wire a value of 0 (default) to place the new item at the highest level in the hierarchy, wire a value of 1 to indent the new item one level, and so on.
If the value you wire to this input would indent the new item more than one level under its parent item, the method returns an error.
- Child Only?—If TRUE, you cannot indent other items under the new item. The default is FALSE.
This property is similar to the Child-Only Item item on the shortcut menu of a tree control.
- Glyph Index—An integer representing the symbol index associated with the item.
The following table lists the characteristics of this method.
|Available in Run-Time Engine||Yes (Read/Write)|
|Available in Real-Time Operating System||Yes|
|Settable when the VI is running||Yes|
|Loads the front panel into memory||No|
|Need to authenticate before use||No|
|Loads the block diagram into memory||No|
|Remote access allowed||Yes|