NI VirtualBench Help
»View Product Info
In some environments, such as academia, it is beneficial to add a security measure to prevent firmware changes. You can password-protect your VirtualBench to prevent others from making firmware updates.
The VirtualBench application automatically checks for updates to the firmware at startup. The default username and password are stored in the application itself, so choosing to upgrade firmware automatically begins installing the update.
To change this behavior, you can change the default password in the web interface of the VirtualBench device.
- Obtain the IP address of the VirtualBench by opening NI MAX on your computer and selecting your VirtualBench under Devices and Interfaces.
- Click the Settings tab and view and copy the first IPv4 Address.
- In a web browser, navigate to the IPv4 Address.
- Log in with the default credentials of your VirtualBench: User name = admin, Password = leave blank.
- Navigate to the security configuration screen and set a new password on the admin account. This will prevent firmware updates from being installed without a password.
How Do I Update the VirtualBench Firmware?