LabVIEW 2009 FPGA Module Help
»View Product Info
Complete the following steps to read from or write to a memory item in an FPGA VI.
- Create a new project or open an existing project.
- Add an FPGA target to the project.
- Right-click the FPGA target and select New»VI from the shortcut menu to add an FPGA VI to the project. You also can open an existing FPGA VI.
- Create a memory item in the project or using the VI-defined Memory Configuration node.
- Add a Memory Method Node configured with a Read or Write method to the block diagram of the FPGA VI.
- Right-click the Memory Method Node and select Select Memory»x from the shortcut menu, where x is the name of the memory item in the Project Explorer window or the VI-defined memory item on the block diagram. LabVIEW prepends VI:: to the name of VI-defined memory items.
You also can click the memory item in the Project Explorer window and drag it onto the block diagram. LabVIEW adds a Memory Method Node, configured for the memory item, to the FPGA VI block diagram. Click the node and select Write or Read from the shortcut menu to change the configuration of the node.