LabVIEW 2009 Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module
In the Create New I/O Server dialog box, select Custom VI - On Input Change and click the Continue button to display this dialog box. You also can right-click an existing on input change I/O server and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to launch the Custom VI-based Server - On Input Change Wizard, to delete an existing on input change I/O server configuration, or to edit an existing on input change I/O server configuration.
This dialog box includes the following pages:
- Select Configuration—Allows you to select an existing on input change I/O server or create a new server. Contains the following options:
- Configuration—Specifies the name of the configuration for the custom I/O server. You can have multiple configurations for each custom I/O server. The default name is the name of the VI converted to a custom I/O server.
- New—Displays the Custom VI-based Server - On Input Change Wizard.
- Delete—Deletes the selected custom I/O server configuration.
- Select Run Condition—Specifies the input that triggers a value change event. Contains the following options:
- VI connector pane—Displays the inputs and outputs for the VI you selected.
- Run VI when any input changes—Specifies that the VI runs when any input changes.
- Run VI when specific input changes—Specifies that the VI runs when the input you select changes. Place a checkmark in this checkbox and then select the input from the Input list that you want to use to trigger a value change.
- Input—Specifies the input on the VI that must change for the VI to run. This option is available only when you select Run VI when specific input changes.
- Set Initial Values—Specifies the initial values for the input connectors in the on input change I/O server. Contains the following options:
- Input Connectors—Specifies the inputs you selected in the I/O server. When you select an item in this list, an option appears to the right of the list. Enter the initial value of the input in the option on the right. This list contains the following options:
- Initial value—Specifies the initial value of the input.
- Name—Specifies the name of the input.
- Type—Specifies the data type of the input.
- Initialize output connectors—Obtains the values of the output connectors. LabVIEW obtains the values by running the VI automatically when you first launch the custom I/O server. If you do not place a checkmark in this checkbox, the output connectors do not have a value until after the VI executes.