LabVIEW 2009 Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help
»View Product Info
Use the following guidelines to distribute a built application to a target computer.
- Install the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module Run-Time System on the target computer if you have not installed it already.
||Note You must have the DSC Module Run-Time System installed to run a DSC Module application. Refer to the National Instruments Web site for more information about the DSC Module Run-Time System.
- (Optional) Right-click the application specification you want to distribute and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display the Application Properties dialog box. From the Preview page, click the Generate Preview button to review the generated files for the application.
- Copy the entire built application directory to the target computer. If you created an installer, run the setup.exe file to install the application on the target computer.
- (Optional) Test the deployment of shared variables on the target computer before running the application. Use the NI Distributed System Manager to verify that shared variable deployment is successful. Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»Distributed System Manager to launch the System Manager. In LabVIEW, you also can launch the System Manager by selecting Tools»Distributed System Manager.
- Run the application on the target computer.
Distributing Applications to Touch Panel Targets
You can distribute a built application to a Touch Panel target. Complete the following tasks before you distribute a built application.
- Install the DSC Module Run-Time System on the Touch Panel target.
- (Optional) Install the LabVIEW Touch Panel Module on the development computer.
||Note If you log data to a Touch Panel target, ensure this Touch Panel target has enough free space to log the data. The Shared Variable Engine stops logging new data when the Touch Panel target does not have enough free space.