LabVIEW 2013 Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module
Copy the files for a VI-based I/O server from the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module 7.1 to the latest DSC Module and mass compile the migrated files. Then, in the Project Explorer window, right-click a target, such as the My Computer target, and select New»I/O Server from the shortcut menu. Select the I/O server you migrated from the I/O Server Type list and click the Continue button to display the I/O Group Configuration dialog box.
Use this dialog box to configure the VI-based I/O server you migrated from the DSC Module 7.1.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Server Name—Displays the name of the I/O server you want to configure.
- Group Description—Specifies a description of this instance of the I/O server.
- Deadband (% of range)—Sets the percent of change within a range that a value from the I/O server must change before the I/O server communicates the value to the Shared Variable Engine (SVE).
- Update Rate (secs)—Determines the amount of time that passes before the I/O server communicates updated values to the SVE.
- Device—Specifies the device with which the VI-based I/O server communicates.
- Configure Server Queues, Devices and Items—Displays the I/O Group Server Configuration dialog box, with which you can specify the buffer size for I/O server value changes. LabVIEW does not support dynamic configuration of Devices and Items. If you configure the Devices and Items page of the I/O Group Server Configuration dialog box, LabVIEW modifies the server registration file permanently.