LabVIEW 2013 Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module
Click the New button on the Configure Custom VI - On Input Change I/O Server dialog box to display this wizard. You also can select Tools»DSC Module»VI Based Server Wizard»On Input Change in LabVIEW to display this wizard.
This wizard includes the following pages:
- Select VI—Use this page to specify a VI you want to convert into an I/O server. Contains the following options:
- Path to VI—Specifies the path to the VI that you want to convert to a custom I/O server.
- Run VI Analyzer on VI—Displays the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit, which runs tests that can identify improvements you can make to the VI. You must have the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit installed to use this option.
- Configure Server Distribution Component—Specifies build options for the I/O server. Contains the following options:
- Configuration name—Specifies the name of the configuration for the custom I/O server. You can have multiple configurations for each custom I/O server. The default name is the name of the VI converted to a custom I/O server.
- Support files—Lists additional VIs you want to include in the LabVIEW project library to deploy. The wizard automatically includes any subVIs or other files that are in the VI hierarchy. You only need to add dynamically called VIs or files.
- Select Support File—Specifies the path to the support files needed to run the VI-based server. Click the Browse button to navigate to and select the support files. You must select a file before you can click the Add button to add the file to the Support files list.
- Add—Adds the VI or file to the Support files list.
- Remove—Removes the VI or file you select in the Support files list.
- Server Distribution Component—Displays a summary of the server the Custom VI-based Server - On Input Change Wizard builds and allows you to build the server. Contains the following options:
- Server configuration file—Specifies the path to the VI that the wizard converts to a custom I/O server.
- Server support files directory—Specifies the path to the files created when the wizard converts the VI to a custom I/O server.
Click the Build button to build the on input change I/O server. When the Custom VI Server - On Input Change Wizard generates the files, you can open the Configure Custom VI - On Input Change I/O Server dialog box to configure the I/O server.