LabVIEW 2013 Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module or Real-Time Module
In the Create New I/O Server dialog box, select EPICS Server from the I/O Server Type list and click the Continue button to display this dialog box. You also can right-click an existing EPICS Server I/O server and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to configure an EPICS Server I/O server. You can create EPICS Server I/O servers to publish shared variables by using the Channel Access (CA) network protocol.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- PV—Lists the process variable (PV) names for the shared variables that you want to publish. After you publish these shared variables by using the CA network protocol, you can access these shared variables by using these PV names. You can customize a PV name by triple-clicking a cell in the PV field.
- Access Type—Lists the access types for the shared variables that you want to publish. You can customize the access type for a process variable by clicking a cell in the Access Type field.
You can set the following access types for process variables:
- Read Only—The EPICS clients can read the value of this process variable but cannot update this value.
- Read/Write—The EPICS clients can read and update the value of this process variable.
- Variable Path—Lists the URLs for the shared variables that you want to publish. This field is read only.
- Data Type—Lists the data types for the shared variables that you want to publish. This field is read only.
- Array Length—Specifies the initial array length of a process variable (PV) whose data type is an array. If you do not specify Array Length, the EPICS Server I/O server sets the array length as 1 at run time. If Array Length is different from the length of the bound shared variable whose data type is an array, the array length changes to the length of the bound shared variable at run time.
The array size of a PV, in bytes, equals Array Length multiplied by the size of each element of the array. The size of an element depends on the data type of the element. If the array size plus 128 bytes of extra payload exceeds the value of the environment variable EPICS_CA_MAX_ARRAY_BYTES, the EPICS Server I/O server truncates the array.
- Add/Remove Variables—Displays the Add/Remove Variables dialog box. Use this dialog box to add shared variables to or remove shared variables from the list above.
- OK—Adds the shared variables in the list to the EPICS Server I/O server and closes this dialog box.
- Cancel—Cancels the changes that you made to the EPICS Server I/O server and closes this dialog box.