NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
When you apply the Word or Multi Word type to a document on the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box, select the Options variable from the Variable pull-down menu on the Details tab and then click the button in the Value column to open the Word Conversion Options dialog box. In this dialog box, you can specify options for analyzing the Microsoft Word file.
The Word Conversion Options dialog box contains the following options:
- With images—Captures images in the Word document. You can capture most images inserted in a Word file, including vectorized images in Windows Metafile (WMF) format, even if the images are inserted directly in a Word paragraph. Requirements Gateway cannot capture images larger than 10 MB.
- With character styles—Adds information to the intermediate file about the Word character styles associated with the captured text. Enable this variable to capture traceability information that uses a specific character style.
- With bookmarks—Converts bookmark content to a form that Requirements Gateway can read from the intermediate file and include in the analysis.
- Annotations—Specifies whether and how to capture annotation content, such as review comments, you want to use to specify requirements and converts the annotations to a form that Requirements Gateway can read from the intermediate file and include in the analysis. This pull-down menu contains the following options:
- Disabled—Does not capture annotation content.
- Combined—Captures annotation content and the text that the annotation attaches to.
- Dispersed—Captures only annotation content.
To use this variable, you must create a custom Word type and specify the following expression for a requirement element in the Regular expression control on the Analysis tab of the Types pane of the Configuration dialog box.
In this expression, the first parentheses group captures the requirement ID and the second parentheses group captures the annotation content. Right-click the Regular expression control and select Field 2»Text from the context menu to assign the second parentheses group to annotation text.
- With one cell per line—Adds a carriage return between each column of a table in the intermediate file.
- Keep original numbering format—Keeps the original numbering format of the Word document in the intermediate file. This option does not support .docx documents.