NI Requirements Gateway 2018 Help
»View Product Info
The WordXML type browses a specified Microsoft Word file (.docx or .doc) for paragraph styles applied to text that uses the correct syntax for macro-requirements, requirements, or references.
The WordXML type captures the following traceability information from a Word source file:
- Section—Text that uses a Heading paragraph style and numbering to indicate sections of a document.
- Requirement—Text that uses a Requirement_ID paragraph style. A colon character delimits the ID and label for a requirement.
You must manually create the Requirement_ID paragraph style. (Word 2007) In the Word file, select the text you want to use as a requirement, right-click the selected text, and select Styles»Save Selection as a New Quick Style to launch the Create New Style from Formatting dialog box, in which you can specify the name for the new style as Requirement_ID. You must save the style if you want the new style to remain available after you restart Word. For versions of Word other than 2007, refer to the documentation for the version of Microsoft Word you use for more information about creating paragraph styles.
- Reference—Text that uses a Requirement_Ref paragraph style. You must manually create the paragraph style.
- Attribute—Text that uses an Attribute paragraph style. You must manually create the paragraph style. Defines one of the following attribute elements:
- Priority—Specified by Priority: value. The attribute must appear after the corresponding requirement.
- Allocation—Specified by Allocated to: text, where text is the allocation ID. The attribute must appear after the corresponding requirement.
The WordXML type defines the following document settings you configure for a Word document on the Details tab of the Project pane of the Configuration dialog box:
- File or Directory—The Word file.
- Variable—Defines the following document variable:
- Category—Assigns an analysis category to the Word document. Select a category from the Value pull-down menu. Use the Overall Quality pane of the Management view to review the use of analysis categories in a project.