LabVIEW 2012 Control Design and Simulation Module Help
»View Product Info
The Control & Simulation Loop contains the parameters that define how the simulation executes. Complete the following steps to view and configure these simulation parameters.
- Double-click the Input Node, attached to the left side of the Control & Simulation Loop, to display the Configure Simulation Parameters dialog box. You also can right-click the loop border and select Configure Simulation Parameters from the shortcut menu.
- Ensure the value of the Final Time (s) numeric control is 10, which specifies that this tutorial simulates ten seconds of time.
- Click the ODE Solver pull-down menu to view the list of ODE solvers the Control Design and Simulation Module includes. If the term (variable) appears next to an ODE solver, that solver has a variable step size. The other ODE solvers have a fixed step size. Ensure a checkmark is beside the default ODE solver Runge-Kutta 23 (variable).
- Because this ODE solver is a variable step-size solver, you can specify the Minimum Step Size (s) and Maximum Step Size (s) this ODE solver can take. Enter 0.01 in the Maximum Step Size (s) numeric control to limit the size of the time step this ODE solver can take.
- Click the Timing Parameters tab to access parameters that control how often the simulation executes.
- Ensure the Synchronize Loop to Timing Source checkbox does not contain a checkmark. This option specifies that the simulation executes without any timing restrictions.
||Note Use this option when you want the simulation to run as fast as possible. If you are running this simulation on a real-time (RT) target, you can place a checkmark in this checkbox and configure how often the simulation executes.
- Click the OK button to save changes and return to the simulation diagram.