LabVIEW 2012 Control Design and Simulation Module Help
»View Product Info
To perform analysis on a simulation model, you first must create a linearized subsystem. Linearizing a nonlinear simulation subsystem involves approximating the behavior of that subsystem around an operating point. Complete the following steps to linearize a subsystem using the Linearize Subsystem dialog box and perform analysis on the linearized subsystem.
- Click and drag a selection rectangle around the portion of the simulation diagram selected in the following simulation diagram.
- Select Edit»Create Simulation Subsystem.
- Save the VI. When LabVIEW prompts you to save, click the Yes button to save the new, unsaved subsystem. Name the subsystem Spring Mass Subsystem.vi.
- Right-click the subsystem and select Trim/Linearize Subsystem from the shortcut menu. The Linearize Subsystem dialog box appears.
- In the Static column of the Initial Inputs tab, place checkmarks in the checkboxes next to Stiffness and Mass. During the linearization process, these become constants instead of variables.
- In the Value column of the Initial Inputs tab, enter a value of 100 for Stiffness, a value of 10 for Mass, and a value of -9.8 for Force.
- Click the Linearize button to open the SIM Linearizer Results dialog box and display an equation representing the transfer function of the model.
- Click the Save Model button and name the file Linearized Spring-Mass Damper Example.lti.
- Close all open dialog boxes.
- Save the VI.