LabVIEW 2012 Control Design and Simulation Module Help
»View Product Info
Use the Linearize Subsystem dialog box to trim and/or linearize a nonlinear simulation subsystem.
Complete the following steps to use this dialog box:
- Select Tools»Control Design and Simulation»Linearize Subsystem to display this dialog box.
- Use the Subsystem page to select a simulation subsystem from memory or disk.
- Choose the inputs and outputs you want in the linearized model. The linearize algorithm excludes inputs and outputs you mark as Static.
- Use the tabs to specify any constraints on subsystem inputs, outputs, states, and/or state derivatives. The trim algorithm determines the input and state values that satisfy these constraints.
- Click the Trim button to trim the subsystem. After you click this button, the optimal state, input, output, and state derivative values appear in the Trimmed Operating Point section.
- Click the Import trimmed values button. Clicking this button transfers the values from the Trimmed Operating Point section to the Initial Inputs, Initial Outputs, and Initial States sections. The linearize algorithm uses values from these three sections as the operating point around which the nonlinear model is converted to an LTI state-space model.
- Click the Linearize button to linearize the subsystem around the Trimmed Operating Point.
||Note You also can use the Trim & Linearize VIs to trim and linearize a nonlinear simulation subsystem.