Sound and Vibration Measurement Help
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
The following documents contain information that you may find helpful as you use the NI Sound and Vibration Toolkit:
- LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Analysis VIs Readme—Use this file to learn important last-minute information, including installation and upgrade issues, compatibility issues, changes from the previous version, and known issues with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit. Open this readme by navigating to the National Instruments\Sound and Vibration\Sound and Vibration Documentation directory and opening Sound and Vibration xxxx VIs Readme.
- Sound and Vibration Toolkit Example VIs—Refer to the labview\examples\Sound and Vibration and labview\examples\Order Analysis directories for example VIs that demonstrate common tasks using the sound and vibration analysis tools that the Sound and Vibration Toolkit provides. You also can access these VIs by selecting Help»Find Examples from the pull-down menu and selecting Toolkits and Modules»Sound and Vibration in the NI Example Finder window.
- Additional LabVIEW documentation.
- The Structural Dynamics Research Lab at the University of Cincinnati Web site at www.sdrl.uc.edu.
The following list contains reference materials used to produce the Sound and Vibration Toolkit. These references contain more information on the theory implemented in the Sound and Vibration Toolkit.
Note The following resources offer useful background information on the general concepts discussed in this documentation. These resources are provided for general informational purposes only and are not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by National Instruments. The content of these resources is not a representation of, may not correspond to, and does not imply current or future functionality in the Sound and Vibration Toolkit or any other National Instruments product.|
- American National Standards Institute. 1983. Specification for Sound Level Meters. ANSI S1.4-1983. Washington: American National Standards Institute.
- ———. 1986a. Design Response of Weighting Networks for Acoustical Measurements. ANSI S1.42-2001. Washington: American National Standards Institute.
- ———. 1986b. Specification for Octave-Band and Fractional Octave-Band Analog and Digital Filters. ANSI S1.11-2004. New York: Acoustical Society of America.
- Crocker, Malcolm J. 1998. Handbook of Acoustics. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Eisenmann, Robert C., Sr., and Robert C. Eisenmann, Jr. 1998. Machinery Malfunction Diagnosis and Correction. NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Hassall, J. R., and K. Zaveri. 1988. Acoustic Noise Measurements. Nærum, Denmark: Brüel & Kjær.
- International Electrotechnical Commission. 1975. Preferred Frequencies for Measurements. International Standard IEC 266, 1st ed. 1975-07. Geneva, Switzerland: International Electrotechnical Commission.
- ———. 1995. Octave-Band and Fractional Octave-Band Filters. International Standard IEC 1260, 1st ed. 1995-07. Geneva, Switzerland: International Electrotechnical Commission.
- ———. 2002. Electroacoustics - Sound Level Meters. International Standard IEC 61672, 1st ed, 2002-05. Geneva, Switzerland: International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Qian, Shie. 2002. Introduction to Time-Frequency and Wavelet Transforms. NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Randall, R.B. 1986. Measurement of Audio-Frequency Noise Voltage Level in Sound Broadcasting. ITU-R Recommendation 468-4. Radiocommunication Standardization Sector of the International Telecommunication Union.
- ———. 1987. Frequency Analysis. Nærum, Denmark: Brüel & Kjær.
- ———. 1995. Psophometer for Use on Telephone-Type Circuits. ITU-T Recommendation O.41, Revised, 1993-1996. Telecommunication Standardization Sector of the International Telecommunication Union.
- Smallwood, D. 1980. An Improved Recursive Formula for Calculating Shock Response Spectra. 51st Shock and Vibration Bulletin.
- Zwicker, Eberhard, and Hugo Fastl. 1999. Psychoacoustics: Facts and Models. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag.