LabVIEW 2013 Touch Panel Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module or Touch Panel Module
Use this page of the Application Properties dialog box to add and remove files and folders from the Touch Panel application and to specify the startup VIs to use in the build.
This page includes the following components:
- Project Files—Displays a list of items under the Windows Embedded Standard device in the Project Explorer window. Click the arrow buttons next to the Startup VIs and Always Included listboxes to add selected files from Project Files to those lists or to remove selected files from the listboxes.
- Startup VIs—Specifies the startup VIs, which are top-level VIs, to use in the application. You must define at least one VI as a startup VI. LabVIEW displays the No startup VIs build specification error if you do not define a startup VI or LabVIEW cannot find the startup VI.
Startup VIs display and run when you launch the application. Click the arrow buttons next to the Startup VIs listbox to add selected VIs from the Project Files listbox or to remove selected VIs from the Startup VIs listbox. When you add a VI to an application as a startup VI, the application also includes the dependencies of the VI. When you add a folder, you add all items in the folder and cannot remove individual items.
- Always Included—Specifies the dynamic VIs and support files always to include in the application, even if the startup VIs do not contain references to the files.
Click the arrow buttons next to the Always Included listbox to add selected files from the Project Files listbox or to remove selected files from the Always Included listbox. When you add a folder to the listbox, you add all items in the folder and cannot remove individual items.
Dynamic VIs are VIs that LabVIEW dynamically calls through the VI Server. Support files are non-VI files, such as drivers, text files, help files, and .NET assemblies that the application uses.
You cannot move the following files to the Startup VIs or Always Included listbox:
- Polymorphic VIs
- Private data controls
- Files that are not VIs, such as text, image, or .mnu files
- Library files, such as LabVIEW classes, or XControls
If a folder that you move to the Startup VIs listbox includes items that you cannot move, LabVIEW labels the item as Always Included. The items appear to move to the Startup VI listboxes with the folder; however, you can view the applied inclusion type on the Source File Settings page in the Inclusion Type indicator.
If you move a library or LabVIEW class to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW labels all items in the library or class. You still can designate any of the individual items as startup VIs. However, if you move any part of an XControl to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW dims the related XControl files and includes the related files in the build. You cannot designate any of the related items as startup VIs.