LabVIEW 2013 Touch Panel Module Help
»View Product Info
You can use navigation controls to move between front panels in a Touch Panel or DSC application. Complete the following steps to create a multi-panel application with navigation controls.
- Select File»New to display the New dialog box.
- Expand the Other Files node and select Multi-panel Application.
||Note You also can access the New dialog box from the Project Explorer window. When you create a multi-panel application from an open project, LabVIEW adds the project library and new VIs to the project.
- Click the OK button to create the project library and display two template VIs that contain the Previous Button and Next Button navigation controls.
- Select File»Save All or right-click the project library icon and select Save»Save As from the shortcut menu to name and save the project library and VI files.
- (Optional) Add a Jump Button control from the Modern palette to the front panel. When you run the application, you can use the Jump Button control to navigate to a specific VI.
When you add a new Jump Button control to the front panel, the Configure Jump Button dialog box appears. Enter the text to display on the button in the Button Text field and specify the VI you want to jump to from the Target VI pull-down menu.
- (Optional) Right-click a navigation control and select Manage Navigation Controls from the shortcut menu to display the Navigation Controls Manager dialog box. Use the options on the Align page to align navigation buttons and front panel windows of VIs in the project library.
- (Optional) In the Navigation Controls Manager dialog box, use the Customize page to select a Boolean control file (.ctl) to use as a navigation button. LabVIEW creates an XControl from the control you select to use as the navigation control. LabVIEW prompts you to save the customized navigation control.
||Note You also can replace a navigation control with an XControl by right-clicking the navigation control from the front panel, selecting Replace from the shortcut menu, and selecting the XControl to use. The XControl must be a previously saved navigation control.
- Save the VI.
||Note If you use navigation controls in a built application, you must specify the owning project library and all VIs in the library as Always Included on the Source Files page in the Application Properties dialog box. If you do not include all files, LabVIEW cannot locate the VIs at run time.