NI Distributed System Manager for LabVIEW 2012 Help
»View Product Info
Requires: NI Scan Engine
Click an I/O variable in the system tree to display this view in the Auto View. You also can right-click an I/O variable and select Probe to display this view in a separate window.
This view displays the location of an I/O variable and allows you to view or customize the following components:
- Location—Specifies the location of the item you want to probe. To probe a variable, for example, enter the information in the following format:
- Current Value—Displays the current value of the selected variable.
- New Value—Allows you to enter a new value to assign to the variable.
- Force—Forces the variable to assume New Value until you unforce the variable, reboot the target, or force the variable to assume another New Value.
- Unforce—Stops forcing the variable and returns control of the I/O value to the scan engine.
- Set—Sets the value in the New Value field as the current value.
- Show Trend—Displays the trend view graph of the selected variable.
- Data Type—Displays the data type of the selected variable.
- Timestamp—Displays the timestamp of the selected variable.
- Quality—Displays the quality of the selected variable. The quality indicates errors or other conditions that apply to the variable.
- Access Type—Displays the supported access mode(s) of the variable. This includes Read-only, Write-only, or Read/Write. LabVIEW modules and toolkits you have installed might provide additional access types.