NI Distributed System Manager for LabVIEW 2012 Help
»View Product Info
Requires: DSC Module
In the Shared Variable Properties dialog box, select Security to display this page.
Use this page to update the security settings for a shared variable.
|Note You can enable security settings for network-published shared variables only.|
This page includes the following components:
- Enable Security—Specifies whether LabVIEW sets security for the shared variable.
- Table—Displays the users, groups, and hosts for which you want to configure security settings for the shared variable. Use this table to grant or deny access to the shared variable for users, groups, and hosts. The default value for Read Access and Write Access is Unspecified.
|Note If you leave an access unspecified, that access is denied by default. If you leave an access for a group unspecified, you still can grant a user in that group access. However, if you deny a group access, you cannot grant any users in that group access.|
- Add—Displays a pull-down menu to add new users, groups, or hosts. Select Users/Groups from the pull-down menu to display the Browse for Users/Groups dialog box, which you use to add users or groups to the table. Select Host to add new hosts to the table.
- Remove—Removes the selected users, groups, or hosts from the table. Press the <Ctrl> key to select multiple items in the table.
- Resolve—Resolves the security properties of the selected users and groups. Press the <Ctrl> key to select multiple items in the table. When you click this button, LabVIEW refreshes the security properties of the selected items against the domains of these items.
You need to resolve security properties in the following cases:
- You distribute a project or an application to another computer and create a new domain on the target computer.
|Note If you migrate an existing domain from one computer to the target computer, you do not need to resolve security properties.|
- You delete and recreate a domain, group, or user.