NI Distributed System Manager for LabVIEW 2012 Help
»View Product Info
After you create a certificate signing request (CSR), you must have the CSR digitally signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA) in order to create a certificate.
Complete the following steps to create a certificate from a CSR.
- Create a CSR.
- In System Manager, expand the tree item for the system, such as localhost.
- Expand the item NI_SSLConfiguration.
- Expand the item OpenCSRs.
- Select a CSR from the tree, such as Request Handle-100.
- Copy the text from the Certificate Signing Request field of the OpenCSRs Probe view for the item. If the OpenCSRs Probe view does not appear, right-click the CSR and select Probe from the shortcut menu.
- Send the text to a trusted CA that can digitally sign the CSR. If you do not have a trusted CA to sign the request, you also can create a self-signed certificate rather than using a CSR and a CA.
- When a CA returns a signed certificate, right-click the CSR from the tree and select Install from the shortcut menu.
- Paste the character string provided by the CA into the text box.
- Click the Install button.
If the installation is successful, a new certificate with the same name as the CSR appears under the ServerCertificates item in the tree. The System Manager automatically deletes the CSR from both the tree and the file system.