In the IO Module Properties dialog box, select General from the Category list to display this page.
Use this page to enable and select your adapter module. Also use this page to select, view details for, and reload component-level IP (CLIP) declaration XML files.
This page contains the following components:
- Enable IO Module—Enables the adapter module if it is compatible with the bitstream currently downloaded to the FPGA. Unchecking this box disables the adapter module and causes no adapter module I/O to be available in the LabVIEW project. Disabling the adapter module also tristates all GPIO pins that are routed to the adapter module connector.
- IO Modules—Provides a list of all adapter modules available for use in your LabVIEW project.
- Component Level IP—Lists all CLIP items that are compatible with the selected adapter module. If multiple versions of a single CLIP are present, version information displays next to each CLIP name.
- Details—Displays general information about the selected adapter module and CLIP. For custom adapter module CLIP, syntax errors from either the associated adapter module configuration file (.fam) or the CLIP XML declaration file are also displayed in the Details dialog box.
- Component Level IP Path—Displays the file system path to the XML file for the currently selected CLIP file.
- Reload—Reload the declaration XML file for the currently selected CLIP. Use the Reload button if you modify a declaration XML file on disk after you configure it for use with your adapter module. Reload updates the I/O in the LabVIEW project, but changes may not be visible in the IO Module General Properties page.
NI provides CLIP support options for the FlexRIO adapter modules. For more information, refer to Configuring a FlexRIO Adapter Module in LabVIEW.