LabVIEW 2013 Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit Help
»View Product Info
In Part 2 of this tutorial, you configure the trace data you want to acquire from Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit.lvproj for a trace session. In Part 3 of this tutorial, you execute the trace session and capture the trace data.
- In the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit, click Start on the Home tab or press <Ctrl-R> to begin tracing data.
- In the LabVIEW Project Explorer window, double-click Desktop Execution - Generate Trace Events.vi to open the VI.
- In LabVIEW, click Run to run the VI. The toolkit begins tracing the execution events that occur as the VI runs, automatically scrolling to the bottom of the table pane, and displaying the latest events.
||Tip In the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit, you can click Auto Scroll on the View tab to disable auto scroll and review trace data when the toolkit is executing a trace session.
- Click OK on the front panel of the VI to see the events that occur when the VI starts running.
- Click Memory Allocation on the front panel of the VI to generate memory allocation events.
- Click Stop on the front panel of the VI to stop the VI.
- Close the VI.
- In the toolkit, click Stop or press <Ctrl-T> to stop tracing data and complete the trace session.
- Select File»Save or press <Ctrl-S> to save the trace file as Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit.lvproj.det.
After you execute the trace session, you can review the trace data in Part 4 of this tutorial.
Executing a Trace Session