LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network Module Help
»View Product Info
You can improve the performance of WSN applications in the following ways:
- Avoid unnecessary memory allocation and deallocation by not using heap-allocated data types, such as arrays, clusters and strings. While clusters are supported, National Instruments recommends avoiding clusters, including error clusters, in WSN applications because clusters increase the size of the application.
- Avoid using large constants, such as arrays, inside loops. Avoid building arrays inside loops.
- Avoid unnecessary string manipulation.
- Use shift registers instead of loop tunnels.
- Avoid floating-point calculations.
- Use global variables instead of local variables.
- Use the Conversion VIs and functions instead of coercion dots.
- Use the Inline C Node when your application includes a numeric or array algorithm that can be coded more optimally in C.