NI Real-Time Hypervisor 1.0 Help
»View Product Info
To enable CPU partitioning, the NI Real-Time Hypervisor requires the Standard PC driver, which configures each CPU as a separate resource. This driver requires Windows to use only one CPU. The NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager automatically assigns all other CPUs to NI ETS (Real-Time).
Complete the following steps to configure Windows XP to use the Standard PC device driver.
||Note When you order an NI Real-Time Hypervisor system pre-configured from National Instruments, the system ships with Windows XP configured to use the Standard PC driver.
- Boot the system into Windows XP.
- Click the Start button to display the Start menu.
- Right-click My Computer in the Start menu and select Properties to display the System Properties dialog box.
- Select the Hardware tab to display the Hardware page.
- Click the Device Manager button to display the Device Manager dialog box.
- Expand the Computer item in the device tree to display the installed computer device driver.
- Right-click the installed computer device driver and select Update Driver to display the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Select No, not this time and then click Next to continue.
- Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) and then click Next to continue.
- Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install. and then click Next to continue.
- Select Standard PC and then click Next to install the Standard PC computer device driver.
- Select Finish and then click Yes to restart the computer.