NI VeriStand 2018 Help
»View Product Info
If you are running a project on a real-time (RT) target, you must deploy the system definition file to the RT target.
- Display the System Explorer window.
- Select Controller in the configuration tree to display the Controller Configuration page.
- Select PharLap or VxWorks from the Operating System pull-down menu.
- Enter the IP address of the RT target in the IP Address field.
- Save and close the System Explorer window.
- Display the Project Explorer window.
- Select Operate»Run to deploy the system definition file to the RT target you specified. This action launches the Running Project dialog box, which displays the progress of the VeriStand Gateway.
- Upon successful deployment, close the Running Project dialog box to display the UI Manager or Workspace window.
||Note If a system definition file already is running on the RT target, selecting Operate»Run results in one of the following, depending on the system definition file on the host:
- If the system definition file on the host computer is the same as the system definition deployed to the target, clicking the Run button connects to the target and launches the UI Manager or Workspace window without re-deploying the system definition file.
- If the system definition file on the host computer is different from the system definition deployed to the target, clicking the Run button stops the system definition on the target and deploys the system definition on the host computer.
If you do not want to overwrite the system definition running on the target, click the Operate drop down menu and select Connect.
||Note To re-deploy the system definition file, select Operate»Deploy in the Project Explorer window.
||Note You can also undeploy and redeploy the system definition to a specific target at run time without affecting any of the other targets in your system using the Manage Targets dialog box.
Installing NI VeriStand Support on an RT Target
Managing Individual Targets at Run Time