LabVIEW 2011 Robotics Module Help
»View Product Info
June 2011, 372983B-01
The LabVIEW Robotics Module is a software package that allows you to develop and deploy a robotics application using LabVIEW, other National Instruments software, and device drivers.
The Robotics Module provides the following components:
- VIs and device drivers—Robotics Module VIs provide algorithms for navigation, steering, and so on. The Robotics Module also provides sensor and actuator drivers that allow you to control certain devices commonly used in robotics systems. To access the Robotics VIs and most device drivers, select View»Functions Palette from the block diagram in LabVIEW and navigate to the Robotics palette.
|Note The Robotics Module also includes drivers that provide connectivity to sensors on FPGA targets. To browse or search for these drivers, use the NI Example Finder, available by selecting Help»Find Examples in LabVIEW. The Robotics»Sensor Drivers category contains these drivers.|
- Setup wizards—The Robotics Module provides the following wizards:
- Hardware Setup Wizard—This wizard configures the basic settings of NI RIO hardware targets and installs software on the targets. Select View»Getting Started Window and click the Hardware Setup Wizard link in the Getting Started section of the Getting Started window to launch this wizard.
- Robotics Project Wizard—This wizard allows you to create a new LabVIEW project configured with your hardware or a simulation project. Click the Robotics Project link in the Create New section of the Getting Started window to launch the Robotics Project Wizard.
- Simulator—A built-in robotics simulator renders 3D simulation scenes and models the motion of real robots in a real-world environment.
- Examples—Examples VIs demonstrate robotics concepts, such as path planning, kinematics, and acquiring data from sensors. You can modify an example VI to fit an application, or you can copy and paste from one or more example VIs into a VI that you create. Use the NI Example Finder, available by selecting Help»Find Examples from LabVIEW, to browse or search for example VIs.
Use the LabVIEW Robotics environment to easily access these features.
© 2009–2011 National Instruments Corporation. All rights reserved.