LabVIEW 2013 Robotics Module Help
»View Product Info
Requires: Robotics Module
Select Tools»Robot Simulation Model Builder to open the Robot Simulation Model Builder.
You also can access the Robot Simulation Model Builder in the Robotics Environment Simulator Wizard. Select a robot in the Simulation Scene or in the Components list and click the Edit () button to open the Robot Simulation Model Builder and edit the robot.
The Robot Simulation Model Builder allows you to design a simulated robot from predefined models LabVIEW provides or from a computer-aided design (CAD) model that you import. You can add components, such as sensors, tracks, wheels, arms, and so on, to the robot model. Use the robot model you build to simulate the motion of real robots in a simulation environment.
The Robot Simulation Model Builder contains the following items:
- Model Library—Contains models you can use to design a robot model.
By default, the Model Library contains the following folders.
- User Model Library—Contains the models that you export or import in the builder.
- Built-in Model Library—Contains predefined models that LabVIEW provides for you to design a simulated robot.
- Model Preview—Displays models that you select in the Model Library.
- Model View—Displays the models in a simulation environment.
- View Model Options—Allows you to customize the visual and physical views of the simulation.
- Both Models—Displays both the visual models and physical models.
- Visual Model—Displays only the visual model.
- Physical Model—Displays only the physical model.
- View Options—Allows you to customize your view of the simulation within the 3D picture.
- View to XY plane—Changes the view to be along the XY axes.
- View to YZ plane—Changes the view to be along the YZ axes.
- View to XZ plane—Changes the view to be along the XZ axes.
- View to Object—Zooms in on a component you select in the Model View.
- Parts List—Displays the robot parts in a list.
- Parts Hierarchy—Displays the robot parts in a hierarchy.
- Parts View—Displays the Parts List, Parts Hierarchy, or both views. By default, the Robot Simulation Model Builder displays both the Parts List and Parts Hierarchy.
- Both Views—Displays both the Parts List and Parts Hierarchy.
- Parts List View—Displays only the Parts List which displays all the robot parts in folders of components, sensors, and joints.
- Parts Hierarchy View—Displays only the Parts Hierarchy which displays the robot parts and the joints between different parts.
- Properties—Displays the properties of a robot part which you select in the Model View, Parts List, or Parts Hierarchy. Click a property or its value to modify the property.
- Import—Imports a robot, sensor, or component model in the builder.
- Export—Exports and saves the robot model that you design and updates the list of models in the User Model Library of the Model Library.
The robot model also displays in the Model List of the Robotics Environment Simulator Wizard.
- OK—Updates the robot model that you are editing from the Robotics Environment Simulation Wizard and closes the builder without saving the robot model to the Model Library. Clicking the OK button does not save the model file to disk. You must export the robot model to save the model file.
|Note This button only appears when you launch the builder from the wizard.|