LabVIEW 2012 Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit Help
»View Product Info
This task is step 2 in the procedure for applying advanced licensing to a development add-on.
After you develop an add-on in LabVIEW, complete the following steps to name and define the add-on in LFEdit, a component of the Protection PLUS software. This procedure creates a product definition. In the next step, you create a license file that corresponds to this product definition.
||Note You must use a fully licensed version of Protection PLUS to use LFEdit to create a product definition and license file.
- Launch LFEdit by selecting Start»SoftwareKey Licensing System»PLUS»LFEdit.
- Select Product Definition»Setup to display the Product Definitions Setup dialog box.
- Click the Add button to create a new product definition.
- On the General page, enter a name and description for the add-on.
- Click the License File tab and browse to a convenient location at which to save the license file. National Instruments recommends that you name the file with the .lf extension rather than the default .ini extension.
- On the License File page, enter a value in the Password text box.
||Tip Record the password. You must specify the password when you add a license file to the add-on in a future step.
- (Optional) If you want to enable automated activation for the add-on, record the values from the Seed and Reg Key 2 Seed text boxes on the Trigger Codes page for use in a future step.
- Click the EZTrial tab. To implement hardware binding (in which the license file is bound to the computer ID number), select the Enhanced Algorithms option.
- (Optional) Place a checkmark in the Unlimited checkbox in the Times to Run section.
Next Step: Create a License File for the Add-on
Licensing a Development Add-on Workflow