NI CompactRIO Device Drivers Help
»View Product Info
Right-click an NI 9214 C Series module in the Project Explorer window and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to configure a C Series module.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Name—Specifies the name of the C Series module, which appears in the Project Explorer window. LabVIEW assigns a default name to the module based on the slot number. You can use this field to give the module a descriptive name.
- Module Type—Specifies the type of C Series module. You cannot change this option.
- Location—Specifies a slot in the chassis for the C Series module.
- Calibration Mode—Sets the calibration mode for the C Series module. Select Calibrated if you want the FPGA I/O Node to return calibrated, fixed-point data from the module in units of volts. The fixed-point data is signed, with a word length of 24 bits and an integer word length of –2 bits. If you select Calibrated, you must convert the CJC data from voltage to temperature. Select Raw if you want the FPGA I/O Node to return calibrated, binary data from the module. If you select Raw, you must convert the binary thermocouple and CJC values to voltage and then convert the CJC data from voltage to temperature. The default is Calibrated.
- Conversion Time—Specifies the time it takes to acquire one point of data from one or more channels in a single FPGA I/O Node. You can select High Speed or High Resolution. The default is High Resolution. Refer to the NI 9214 with NI TB-9214 Operating Instructions and Specifications for more information about the High Speed and High Resolution conversion times.
- Enable Open Thermocouple Detection—Place a checkmark in this checkbox if you want to enable open thermocouple detection on the module.
||Note Enabling open thermocouple detection on the NI 9214 results in a small current leakage in the thermocouple measurement. Refer to the Overview of Open Thermocouple Detection support document for more information about compensating for this error.