NI CompactRIO Device Drivers Help
»View Product Info
Right-click an NI 9219 C Series module in the Project Explorer window and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to configure a C Series module.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Name—Specifies the name of the C Series module, which appears in the Project Explorer window. LabVIEW assigns a default name to the module based on the slot number. You can use this field to give the module a descriptive name.
- Module Type—Specifies the type of C Series module. You cannot change this option.
- Location—Specifies a slot in the chassis for the C Series module.
- Calibration Mode—Sets the calibration mode for the C Series module. Select Calibrated if you want the FPGA I/O Node to return calibrated, fixed-point data from the module. Refer to the table below for information about the units and encoding of the fixed-point data depending on the channel mode. If you select Calibrated and an NI 9219 channel is in Thermocouple mode, you must convert the CJC data in the host VI. Select Raw if you want the FPGA I/O Node to return calibrated, binary data from the module. If you select Raw, you must convert the analog input values in the host VI. The default is Calibrated.
|Channel Mode||Units of Fixed-Point Data||Integer Type||Word Length||Integer Word Length|
|Voltage||Volts||Signed||32 bits||7 bits|
|Current||Amps||Signed||32 bits||–1 bits|
|Resistance and RTD||Ohms||Unsigned||32 bits||14 bits|
|Thermocouple||Volts||Signed||32 bits||–1 bits|
|Quarter Bridge||Volts/volt||Unsigned||32 bits||14 bits|
|Half Bridge||Volts/volt||Signed||32 bits||7 bits|
|Full Bridge||Volts/volt||Signed||32 bits||–1 bits|
- Channels—Specifies the channel(s) for which you want to select the mode and range.
- Selected Channel(s) Settings—Specifies the mode and range for each channel.
- Channel Mode—Sets the mode for the selected channel(s).
- Range—Sets the range for the selected channel(s).
- Threshold—Sets the Digital In threshold for the selected channel(s). This option is available only if you select Digital In for the channel mode.
- Conversion Time—Specifies the time it takes to acquire one point of data from all channels. You can select High Speed, Best 60 Hz Rejection, Best 50 Hz Rejection, or High Resolution. Refer to the NI 9207 hardware documentation on ni.com/manuals for more information about these conversion times.
- Enable TEDS Support—Place a checkmark in this checkbox if you want to enable TEDS support in the FPGA and host VIs for this module.