LabVIEW 2013 FPGA IP Builder Help
»View Product Info
Requires: FPGA IP Builder
Use this page of the Directives Properties dialog box to estimate the performance and device utilization of the directive configurations.
This page includes the following components:
- Block Diagram Components with Directives—Lists the block diagram components and directives of the top-level VI and subVIs that you configured on the Directives page.
- Status—Displays the status of the estimation process after you click Quick estimate or Thorough estimate.
- Elapsed time—Displays the time elapsed after you click Quick estimate or Thorough estimate. This option is blank by default.
- Progress—Displays the progress of the estimation process after you click Quick estimate or Thorough estimate.
- Reports—Specifies the category of estimation report you want to view. Expand the pull-down menu to select the category. Some options might be unavailable until you click Quick estimate or Thorough estimate.
- Quick estimate—Starts a quick estimation of device utilization, including slice registers, slice LUTs, DSP48s, and block RAMs, and performance, including clock rate, initiation interval, pipeline type, minimum latency, and maximum latency. This button is unavailable when an estimation is in progress.
- Estimate option—Contains Quick estimate and Thorough estimate. Thorough estimate provides more accurate results, as well as an estimate of the number of total slices, but takes longer than Quick estimate. This menu is unavailable when an estimation is in progress.
- Cancel estimation—Cancels the estimation process. This button is available only when an estimation is in progress.