NI TestStand 2017 Semiconductor Module Help
»View Product Info
This example demonstrates how to define instruments that TSM does not natively support, how to create API for the instruments, and how to use the API in a code module for a TSM test program. Each instrument in this example has two unique sessions, each with two channels that share a session. The code module opens one session per channel group.
Example File Location
<TestStand Public>\Examples\NI_SemiconductorModule\Custom Instruments\Session per Channel Group\Session per Channel Group.seq
TSM Code Module API
- You must have the LabVIEW Development System installed, and you must configure the LabVIEW Adapter to use the LabVIEW Development System.
- This example uses the Batch process model.
How to Use This Example
Complete the following steps to use this example.
- Complete the following steps to review the pin map file associated with the test program.
- Select Semiconductor Module»Edit Pin Map File or click the Edit Pin Map File button on the TSM toolbar to open the <TestStand Public>\Examples\NI_SemiconductorModule\Custom Instruments\Session per Channel Group\Session per Channel Group.pinmap file in the Pin Map Editor.
The pin map file defines the following information:
- Two custom instruments named dev1 and dev2, respectively, each with an instrumentTypeId attribute value of SessionPerChannelGroupInst, two channel groups, and four available channels contained in each channel group
- Four DUT pins named A, B, C, and D, respectively
- Four sites on the tester
- A series of connections for each site, in which each connection specifies a DUT pin, a site number, an instrument, and an instrument channel
- Complete the following steps to review the code module that communicates with the custom instruments.
- Click the LabVIEW Module tab on the Step Settings pane. The Project Path control specifies a file path to the <TestStand Public>\Examples\NI_SemiconductorModule\Custom Instruments\Session per Channel Group\Session per Channel Group.lvproj LabVIEW project file.
- Click the Edit LabVIEW Project button, located to the right of the Project Path control, to open Session per Channel Group.lvproj in LabVIEW.
- In the Project Explorer window, expand the Session per Channel Group API folder.
- Open and review the following VIs that correspond to operations TSM performs on the pin map:
- Session per Channel Group - Get All Instrument Names.vi—Obtains all instruments of the SessionPerChannelGroupInst instrument type, as defined in the pin map file, so that the initialization code module can open sessions and store them in the SemiconductorModuleContext object.
- Session per Channel Group - Get All Sessions.vi—Obtains all stored sessions so that the clean up code module can close the sessions that were previously opened and stored in the SemiconductorModuleContext object.
- Session per Channel Group - Pins To Sessions.vi—Queries the DUT pins and returns the associated instruments and channel lists associated with a SemiconductorModuleContext object.
- Session per Channel Group - Store Instrument Session.vi—Stores the sessions in the SemiconductorModuleContext object so that other parts of the test program can access the sessions.
- In TestStand, select the ProcessSetup sequence on the Sequences pane. The step in this sequence initializes the instrument sessions.
- On the Sequences pane, select the ProcessCleanup sequence. The step in this sequence closes the instrument sessions.
- Click the Start Lot button on the TSM toolbar to run the test program.