LabVIEW 2013 for myRIO Module Help
»View Product Info
June 2013, 373925A-01
The LabVIEW for myRIO Module is a software package that allows you to create and deploy applications on the NI myRIO by using LabVIEW and other National Instruments software.
The myRIO Module provides the following components:
- myRIO VIs—The myRIO VIs provide functionality that you use to interface with the NI myRIO onboard I/O devices. To access the myRIO VIs, select View»Functions Palette from the block diagram in LabVIEW and navigate to the myRIO palette.
- NI myRIO USB Monitor—This dialog box shows basic information about the NI myRIO that you connect to your computer and provides options for you to work with the NI myRIO. This dialog box appears when you connect the NI myRIO to your computer.
- Getting Started with NI myRIO—This wizard helps you set up a new NI myRIO and test the onboard devices. To launch this wizard, click the Set Up and Explore link on the Getting Started window in LabVIEW and select Launch the Getting Started Wizard.
- Templates and sample projects—Templates demonstrate useful design patterns and serve as starting points for your applications. Sample projects demonstrate working applications based on the templates. You can customize the templates and sample projects according to the needs of your application. Select File»Create Project to display the Create Project dialog box, which lists these templates and sample projects.
- Examples—Example VIs demonstrate common applications that you can create by using the myRIO Module. You can modify an example VI to fit an application, or you can copy and paste from one or more example VIs into a VI that you create. Refer to the labview\examples\myRIO directory for example VIs installed with the myRIO Module. You also can access these VIs by selecting Help»Find Examples and then selecting Toolkits and Modules»myRIO in the NI Example Finder.
Visit the NI myRIO Community to find sensor drivers and example code. You also can share code and collaborate with other NI myRIO users on the NI myRIO Community.
© 2013 National Instruments. All rights reserved.