NI InsightCM™ 3.1 Help
»View Product Info
You can use the asset tree on the Asset Configuration page to enumerate and describe assets and then map your assets to device channels on the Device Configuration page.
Creating the Asset Tree
Complete the following steps to define the names and locations of assets to be monitored by NI InsightCM Server and NI devices. Create an intuitive representation of the physical site so that users can quickly locate data for assets of interest on the Data Viewer page:
- In the navigation bar at the top of the page, click Configuration to navigate to the Asset Configuration page.
- Click Add to display the New Node dialog box.
- Select General»Locations and give the node a name that represents the company or organization to which the physical site belongs. You can add additional location nodes to represent the physical site or group with equipment to be monitored.
- With the node representing the location or group of the equipment highlighted in the asset tree, click Add again and choose an asset type from the Equipment section of the New Node dialog box.
- Under each equipment node, add asset types from the Sensors section of the New Node dialog box to represent the sensors monitoring the equipment.
||Tip You can branch the asset-layout at any level. For example, you can add multiple areas under a site, multiple pieces of equipment under an area, and so on. There is no maximum or minimum requirement for the number of levels you can include in the asset tree.
Adding a New Device Configuration
Asset Configuration Page