NI InsightCM™ 3.3 Help
»View Product Info
The following steps provide a workflow for integrating the NI InsightCM web application with Windows Active Directory to require users to log in with Windows account credentials:
- Enable SSL.
- Log into the NI InsightCM web application using the built-in admin account.
- Expand the Navigation menu and select Options.
- In the Options dialog box that displays, navigate to the Auth»Security category.
- Place a checkmark in the Configure LDAP checkbox and configure the settings that appear.
- Navigate to the Roles and Permissions»Security category.
- Click the Add button next to the Role field and enter a name for the new role.
- Click the Add button next to the Permissions field and assign all available permissions to the new role. At minimum, this role must receive the serverSettings_edit permission.
- Map the new role to a Windows account (How-to). This can be your personal account or an account created solely for this purpose.
- Log out of the admin account.
- Log into the NI InsightCM web application with the Windows account from step 4.
- Navigate back to the Options dialog box and go to the Auth»Security category.
- Place a checkmark in the Disable Built-In Accounts checkbox. After you disable built-in accounts, users cannot log into the NI InsightCM web application by entering the name of a built-in role, such as admin or Operator.
- Create and assign permissions to other roles and map Active Directory groups to roles mapped to other Windows accounts (How-to).
List of NI InsightCM Web Application Permissions
Relationships between User Accounts and Permissions