NI InsightCM™ 3.3 Help
»View Product Info
Parent Topic: Setting Up Email Alarm Notifications
Before You Begin: To enable NI InsightCM Server to send email notifications, you must configure settings for an SMTP server in the Options dialog box.
If NI InsightCM Server fails to send alarm notification emails, complete the following steps to log information that can help debug the issue:
- Click the navigation menu and select Utilities»Trace Logger.
- Double-click the SMTP.Emails tracepoint to enable it.
- Click the navigation menu and select Options.
- In the tree on the left, select SMTP.
- Select the Test Mode checkbox.
- Trigger an alarm that sends an email notification.
NI InsightCM Server attempts to send an email to that address group and logs information about the attempt, including any details about why the operation fails, in the trace log.
- Return to the Trace Logger tab and select Action menu»Download Trace Log.
- Open the log file with a text editor and search for the tracepoints labeled SMTP.Emails.
Setting Up Email Alarm Notifications
Trace Logger Tab on System Page