NI InsightCM™ 3.3 Help
»View Product Info
Parent Topic: Operating States
Create and configure operating states in the NI InsightCM web application to define how the device collects files and trends under a specific set of conditions.
Adding and Configuring Operating States
Complete the following steps to add and configure an operating state:
- Navigate to the Asset Configuration page.
- Select the asset node you want to apply the operating state to in the asset tree to the left.
- Click the Operating States tab and then click the Add button next to the Default sub-tab to display the New Operating State dialog box.
- Choose the name of the operating state you want to configure in the New Operating State dialog box.
- Complete each of the following sections on the tab.
- Data Set Collection Settings—Sets the amount of data to include in each file the asset collects while this operating state is active. Enable the checkbox in this section to group all files collected when this state is active into a stream.
- Enter/Exit Settings—Specifies whether the device collects a file when the asset enters or exits the operating state. This section also sets the amount of data to include in each file the asset collects when it enters the operating state.
- Data Set Collection Conditions—Configures various types of triggers that cause the device to collect a file when this state is active.
- Enter Conditions—Defines what conditions, based on feature values, cause the device to enter this operating state and begin applying the file and trend collection settings and triggers. To evaluate multiple data sources, create and combine multiple conditions in an expression. You can use common operators such as AND, OR, and parentheses. For example: C1 OR (C2 AND C3), where C1, C2, and C3 are conditions.
- Exit Conditions—Defines what conditions cause the device to exit this operating state. When the device meets this condition, the device stops applying the file and trend collection settings and triggers and returns to the default operating state. Exit condition expressions support the same operators as the expressions for enter conditions.
- Trend Collection Conditions—Configures various types of triggers that cause the asset to collect trend values when this state is active.
- If present, configure the following options:
- Time—Collect at specific times of day or intervals of time.
- Delta EU—Collect when a feature value changes by a specified amount.
- Advanced—Collect when a feature value meets a particular condition. Advanced triggers support more operators than Delta EU triggers.
- Gating—Evaluate the feature value for a particular condition to decide whether to collect a file. This button appears after you set the Time value.
||Note If the condition you set for this field is not met, the trigger condition is also false regardless of whether the conditions for Time, Delta EU, or Advanced are met.
||Note Gating conditions are AND'd while time, delta EU, and advanced conditions are OR'd together. Therefore the device collects if the gate condition and one of the other conditions are met.