NI InsightCM™ 3.3 Help
»View Product Info
Use this section to define the identity of the server machine so your device can reliably locate the server. Transceiver properties also determine what information the cRIO connection info files contain.
Complete the following steps to configure the device transceiver settings so that the device can reliably communicate with NI InsightCM Server:
- Click the Alternate IP Addresses button.
- In the Alternate IP Addresses dialog box that displays, you can see all the possible addresses for your server. Copy the address that you want to use as your hostname:
- If your server has a static IP address or you don't expect your server IP address to change, copy the IP address to use as the hostname.
- If you are using a DNS server on your network and you expect your server IP address to change, copy the fully qualified server name to use as the hostname. The server name dynamically links to the server IP address even if it changes. However, using the server name is less reliable than using the IP address. Only use this option in cases where using the IP address is impractical.
||Note Do not use the default localhost value as the hostname for the server. Select the address that best suits your use case based on the criteria listed previously.
- Paste the address that you copied in the previous step into the Hostname field.
- If you want the transceiver to use the address that you specified in the Hostname field rather than the default IP address to locate the server, disable the Use IP Address checkbox. When you save the server settings, the Transceiver field value automatically updates to match the Hostname field value.
- Click the OK button to restart NI InsightCM Server and apply the change.
||Note After you save the new server settings, reset the device connection to get the device to send the updated connection information files to the server.