NI InsightCM™ SDK 3.3 Help
»View Product Info
Complete the following steps to package your finished device code into an image that you can deploy using InsightCM Server deployment tools:
- Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code ex5rfd to download and install the NI Replication and Deployment Utility.
- Launch RAD and select a target from the Deployment Targets listbox. Click Retrieve.
- Click New Application Image in the Select Image Type dialog box.
- In the Application Image Properties dialog box, enter the name, version, and description for your image.
- Click Configure Retrieval and Deployment Blacklists, and use the Configure Blacklists dialog box to add the following folders to the specified blacklist:
- /files/home/lvuser/natinst/LabVIEW Data/InsightCM/app - retrieval blacklist
- /files/home/lvuser/natinst/LabVIEW Data/InsightCM/conn - deployment and retrieval blacklists
- /files/home/lvuser/natinst/LabVIEW Data/InsightCM/data - deployment and retrieval blacklists
||Note The retrieve blacklist is used to prevent specific files or directories from being gathered as part of an image. The deploy blacklist is used to protect specific files on the target when deploying an image.
- Add any other files or directories you want to blacklist and save your changes.
- Click Configure Bitfile(s) for FPGA Flash Deployment and use the FPGA Flash Deployment Settings dialog box to specify an FPGA bitfile to be applied to a target when the image is applied. Click Done and OK.
- In the Choose Image Directory dialog box, specify the target path for storing your image.
- Click Retrieve image from to initiate retrieval.
- When the image has been retrieved, you can unzip the image to view the internal metadata in lvappimage.info.
||Note The alphanumeric key with the value of Key is the GUID used in the SysCfgDeployer capability that is part of the device definition.
Introduction to Device Type Definitions