View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
This section contains an example of a Ladder Diagram that drives a conveyor belt.
The ladder diagram is contained in a separate hierarchical block called
Complete the following steps to activate this design:
- Select Simulate»Run to begin simulation.
- Press P on your keyboard (or hover your cursor over the Power switch and click the button that pops up) to activate the Power temporary switch. This sends 5 V to pin IN2 of Input Module U4 (Input Module Base Address = 101) which in turn energizes Input Contact X1 in the Power Lock-up Rung of the ladder diagram. Relay Coil M1 is energized, causing all Relay Contacts with Controlling Device Reference = M1 to energize.
Complete the following steps to run the conveyor belt:
- Activate the circuit as described earlier.
- Press R on your keyboard (or hover your cursor over the Run switch and click the button that pops up) to activate the Run temporary switch.
Select Window»Tile vertically to view the ladder diagram and the circuit at the same time. Observe the interaction between the ladder diagram and the circuit as the simulation proceeds.
- As the simulation proceeds, the box moves along the conveyor belt to Position Sensor 2 (PS2). The box stops moving and balls begin dropping from the hopper into the box.
- When five balls have dropped into the box (counted by Count sensor and C1), the hopper stops dropping balls.
- The conveyor continues moving and stops when the box gets to Position Sensor 3 (PS3).
Complete the following to turn off the power at any point in the simulation:
- Press K on your keyboard (or hover your cursor over the Kill switch and click the button that pops up) to activate the Kill temporary switch. This sends 5 V to pin IN3 of Input Module U4 (Input Module Base Address = 101) which in turn energizes Input Contact X3 (the contact opens). The continuity in the Power Lock-up Rung is broken and Relay Coil M1 is de-energized, which in turn switches off all Relay Contacts with Relay Device Reference = M1.
When you press K, X19 is also temporarily energized, which in turn temporarily energizes Output Coil Y2, which sends a pulse to pin Out3 of Output Module U2. This is wired to the Stop pin of the conveyor belt, so the belt stops.
This topic refers to education-specific features of Multisim.