Multisim allows you to control specific aspects of your printing, including:
- whether to output in color or black and white.
- which pages of a design to print.
- whether to include the background in the printed output.
- page margins for printing.
- scaling of the designs image to fit the printed output.
Complete the following steps to set the printing environment for designs:
- Select File»Print options»Print sheet setup.
- Set the Page margins, Zoom and Page orientation options as desired.
- Set the Output options as desired:
- In black/whitePrints the design in black and white (for non-color printers). When disabled, colored components print in shades of grey.
- InstrumentsPrints the design and faces of the instruments used in the design on separate sheets.
- BackgroundIncludes the background in printed output. Use for color printers or white on black output. This option is disabled if In black/white is selected.
- Active sheetPrints the window that is currently active on the workspace.
- Active sheet and subsheetsPrints the currently active window and any subcircuits or hierarchical blocks that it contains.
- Entire designPrints all circuits, subcircuits, hierarchical blocks and multi-pages from the design which includes the currently active window.
- Click OK to set the printing environment for the current design, or click Set as default to set the the printing environment for all designs.
To preview your file before printing, choose File»Print preview. The design appears in a preview window where you can zoom in, move from page to page, and send the design to the printer using the provided tool buttons.
To print the design file, choose File»Print. We recommend that you set your print options first.