NI-ATCA FPGA Modules Help
»View Product Info
The ATCA-3671 Getting Started DRAM example demonstrates multiple methods to access the external DRAM memory from the FPGA. Complete the following steps to configure DRAM with FPGA memory items using the ATCA-3671 Getting Started DRAM VI.
- Within LabVIEW, select Help»Find Examples and search ATCA, then open ATCA 3671 - Getting Started DRAM.lvproj.
- Open the ATCA 3671 - Getting Started DRAM (FPGA).vi from the project. This VI demonstrates the various methods for accessing the DRAM from the FPGA on the ATCA-3671.
|Examine the front panel input controls.
- Open the ATCA 3671 - Getting Started DRAM (Host).vi from the project. This Host VI controls the data that flows into and out of the different external memory access methods on the FPGA.
- Examine the front panel input controls and follow the in-software instructions.
Note To create new Memory or FIFO resources on your target, right-click on the target, select New... and follow the prompts.
- Click the Run button to run the ATCA 3671 - Getting Started DRAM (Host).vi. Experiment with this example to determine your preferred method(s) of accessing the DRAM.
Note You can copy segments of the code included in these examples into your application.
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL?