I/Q Data: Plain and Simple
I/Q signals, or I/Q data, are a fundamental element of RF communications systems.
In RF communications systems, I/Q data often represents signals in the time-domain. You may find this video helpful if any of the following apply to you:
- You want to learn about the basic building blocks of RF communications systems.
- You want to understand more about I/Q data, quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), or RF upconverters.
- You want to find a real-world use for imaginary numbers, besides AC circuit analysis.
View Now (watch)
20 minute(s) webcast
Reader Comments | Submit a commentMistake in your AM Demo?
Hi, I watched your I/Q/ Data video, I suspect there is an error in the AM demo around the 6:30 minute mark in the video. The "Message" window clearly shows the amplitude going from -1 to +1 but the I/Q rectangulat plot only shows the vector going from 0 to 1. This may be because of a baseband shift or something similar but should be explained. Feel free to contact me with your comments. Thanks!
- Dan Gerlach, U.S. Navy. firstname.lastname@example.org - Mar 19, 2013
Excellent demo, Thanks guys
- Avinash Aeron. - Dec 11, 2012
What an excellent explanation. Thanks!
email@example.com - May 3, 2010
Thanks a lot
- Feb 23, 2010
thanks a lot guys for this great dem
- Jun 28, 2009