LabWindows/CVI 2017 Help
»View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
National Instruments offers a collection of add-on modules and toolkits for LabWindows/CVI, which can help you in particular application areas. Add-on modules and toolkits are additional libraries or utilities developed to meet the specific needs of specialized markets, industries, and application areas.
- LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module—Create reliable and deterministic applications that target dedicated real-time hardware with this module that extends the LabWindows/CVI development environment. National Instruments provides a commercial off-the-shelf platform for real-time application development by combining flexible, high-performance software with rugged, modular hardware.
The LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module also includes the Real-Time Trace Viewer, which you can use to create execution traces for LabWindows/CVI Real-Time applications; analyze and benchmark thread and function execution interactively; optimize performance by identifying memory allocation, sleep spans, and contention; print trace sessions for documentation and code reviews; and visually debug multicore applications.
- NI Vision Development Module—Use the NI Vision Development Module to develop
machine vision and scientific imaging applications. The NI Vision Development module
includes NI Vision, a library of powerful functions for image processing, and NI Vision
Assistant, an interactive environment to quickly prototype vision applications without
- LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Module for Linux®—Extend the LabWindows/CVI development environment using the LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Module for Linux®. Create high-performance, stable applications on a Windows system and later compile and run these applications on a Linux® target.
- LabWindows/CVI Execution Profiler Toolkit—Acquire execution data to debug and
optimize the execution speed of your LabWindows/CVI applications. The toolkit
displays data in the Profile Viewer where you can open, browse, and analyze profiled
Users with the LabWindows/CVI Full Development SystemLabWindows/CVI Full Development System can install the Execution Profiler Toolkit and activate it using the LabWindows/CVI Full Development System activation code. Visit ni.com to purchase the Execution Profiler Toolkit for use with the LabWindows/CVI Base PackageLabWindows/CVI Base Package.
- LabWindows/CVI Database Connectivity (SQL) Toolkit—Quickly connect to local and remote databases and implement many common database operations without having to perform structured query language (SQL) programming with the Database Connectivity (SQL) Toolkit. The toolkit readily connects to popular databases, such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server, and Oracle. If you need advanced database functionality and flexibility, the Database Connectivity (SQL) Toolkit also offers complete SQL capabilities.
Users with the LabWindows/CVI Full Development System can install the Database Connectivity (SQL) Toolkit and activate it using the LabWindows/CVI Full Development System activation code. Visit ni.com to purchase this toolkit for use with the LabWindows/CVI Base Package.
- LabWindows/CVI Signal Processing Toolkit—Use the tools provided by the Signal
Processing Toolkit for digital filter design, joint time-frequency analysis,
wavelet and filter bank design, and super-resolution spectral analysis.
- LabWindows/CVI PID Control Toolkit—The PID Control Toolkit adds sophisticated control algorithms
to LabWindows/CVI. By combining the PID Control Toolkit with LabWindows/CVI math and logic functions, you can build data acquisition and control systems for control applications.
You can install and activate the PID Control Toolkit with either package of LabWindows/CVI.
- LabWindows/CVI WLAN Measurement Generation Toolkit—Generate signals to test wireless local area network (WLAN) transreceiver devices that conform to IEEE Standard 802.11a-1999, IEEE Standard 802.11b-1999, or IEEE Standard 802.11g-2003 with the Measurement Generation Toolkit. You can purchase the WLAN Measurement Generation Toolkit as part of the WLAN Measurement Suite that includes the LabWindows/CVI WLAN Measurement Analysis Toolkit.
- LabWindows/CVI WLAN Measurement Analysis Toolkit—Perform measurements, including spectral analysis, burst power, DSSS power ramp up and down, DSSS demodulation, and OFDM demodulation, on wireless local area network (WLAN) transreceiver devices that conform to IEEE Standard 802.11a-1999, IEEE Standard 802.11b-1999, or IEEE Standard 802.11g-2003 with the Measurement Analysis Toolkit. You can purchase the WLAN Measurement Analysis Toolkit as part of the WLAN Measurement Suite that includes the LabWindows/CVI WLAN Measurement Generation Toolkit.
- NI DIAdem—DIAdem is an interactive tool for mathematical and visual data analysis,
report generation, task automation, and data management. DIAdem imports data from
files and industry-standard databases and can optimally handle datasets with more than
one billion parts. Use the TDM Streaming Library in LabWindows/CVI to create
and edit DIAdem data (.tdm) files.
- NI Modulation Toolkit—Use this toolkit to generate and analyze analog and digital
modulated signals. You can use this toolkit to build applications that measure signal
impairments, bit error rate, burst timing, phase noise, carrier frequency shift, modulation
index, and complementary cumulative distribution function (CCDF) values of signals
generated by a unit under test.
- NI Spectral Measurements Toolkit—The National Instruments Spectral Measurements Toolkit provides a set of flexible spectral measurements in LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI, including power spectrum, peak power and frequency, in-band power, adjacent-channel power, and occupied bandwidth, as well as 3D spectrogram capabilities. In addition, the Spectral Measurements Toolkit contains VIs and functions for performing modulation-domain operations such as passband (IF) to baseband (I-Q) conversion, I-Q to IF conversion, and generation/analysis of analog modulated signals. The combination of these optimized algorithms and the GHz processing of your PC delivers unmatched measurement throughput.
- NI ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit—The NI ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit extends the LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, and Microsoft Visual Studio development environments to support measurement and calibration applications for the design and validation of electronic control units (ECUs). The ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit provides high-level, easy-to-use functions based on the Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP) and CAN Calibration Protocol (CCP). Because of these protocols, you can read and write to internal ECU variables and characteristics as defined in ASAM (.A2L) database files. By using (.A2L) database files, the toolkit automatically applies all scaling information and returns data in engineering units for easy analysis, presentation, and logging. In addition, the toolkit offers high-quality examples for typical use case applications such as how to measure ECU variables or how to manipulate ECU characteristics using 1D to 3D user interfaces.
- NI Automotive Diagnostic Command Set—The National Instruments Automotive Diagnostic Command Set (ADCS) helps you design and implement a wide variety of automotive diagnostic applications for electronic control unit (ECU) production using protocols such as Keyword Protocol 2000 and Diagnostics on CAN. With NI CAN hardware compatibility, including USB, PCI, PXI, and PCMCIA, NI ADCS is suitable for a range of automotive diagnostic applications that typically involve reading and writing parameters, accessing diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), flashing ECU firmware, and initiating ECU diagnostic test modes.
ADCS works with NI USB CAN interfaces to help you create a variety of portable and in-vehicle diagnostic applications. ADCS benefits applications such as ECU firmware flashing tools, DTC reading and logging, ECU diagnostic mode interfacing, and live diagnostic variable monitoring and logging for on-road tests. You can duplicate and deploy applications developed with ADCS and NI CAN hardware throughout an organization for a fraction of the cost of comparable off-the-shelf tools